Check-list for Haiti
Apr 05, 2011
As I write this, we are days away from flying to
1. Got current passport? Check!
2. Got all immunizations? Typhoid, Hep A, Hep B, etc. Check!
3. Got medications? Cholera, e.coli, malaria, motion sickness, anti-diarrheal, personal prescriptions? Check!
4. Got work clothes (long pants and sleeves because of mosquitoes)? Check!
5. Got sunscreen and insect repellant? Check!
6. Got mesh net to sleep under? (Did I mention the mosquitoes?) Check!
7. Got fears about what I will encounter? Check!
8. Got concern about being in a country where I don't speak the language? Check!
9. Got worries that I wasn't necessarily the best choice of people God could have sent? Check!
10. Got a great CUMC team with me that I know will lift me up in love? Check!
11. Got faith that God will show me what I need to do? Check!
12. Got certainty that God doesn't make mistakes and somehow feels that even though I'm broken and unworthy, he can use me for His purpose? Check!
Along with my mini pharmacy, my mosquito-fighting and sun-busting arsenal, and all my necessary documents, I carry with me uncertainty about what I will encounter. It is daunting to be used by God. Somehow He has chosen to use me over the years on missions in